Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Overdid it this weekend...

Sooo.....  Might have overdid it this weekend.  No that's not really true-I definitely overdid it.  +10 lbs.  in three days.  I know, I know.  Ouch.  That's a huge gain for one weekend.

How did it happen?  Start with a long road trip, little sleep the week before and the weekend.  Add in starchy food, meat overload, sugary pop and alcohol (a lot of alcohol!) and you have a diet bomb of immense proportions!

Now I could spend the next few hours beating myself up.  Getting mad over my massive diet fail and concentrating on all of the things I shouldn't have done.

That's not going to happen though!!!

What's 10 lbs. really?  Sure it will take a few weeks of healthy eating and working out to lose the weight again.  And it will be hard work.  But 10 years from now I guarantee you I will have no idea what I weighed this weekend-or even this month.

The party though-that's another story.  I will never forget the memories I made this weekend :)  The cake all over my honorary niece's face while she enjoyed her birthday cake, the gossip shared over a big plate of pork and noodles, the warmth in the kitchen while we all enjoyed a big bowl of Posole, or the dancing that followed a Saturday night of toasting the birthday girl (repeatedly!)

10 lbs isn't a bad price to pay for an incredible weekend :)  So, How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment